How to Join MyEdBC
As most schools are aware the Ministry of Education is encouraging schools to join MyEducationBC by Sept 2022.
You can see the most recent letter from the Deputy Minister by clicking here
The first schools started using MyEducationBC student management program as of Sept 2014. Currently, all 60 districts using the system, plus over 170 independent schools (with over 600,000 students in the system). This implementation is open to all schools using any existing student information system. If your school is interested you should follow the following steps.
Step 1: Overview
- The FISA iGroup will be hosting information sessions for independent schools interested in learning more about what the MyEdBC SIS can and cannot do. At last week's MyEd meetings, hosted by the Ministry, the focus was on answering questions independent schools provided through a survey. It became apparent at those meetings that some schools are not familiar with the functionality of MyEd and would like to know more. Therefore, Andrew Smit, iGroup Project Lead, will host the following sessions:
- Please watch the following overview video which explains the implementation process and a demostration of MyEdBC.
Step 2: Sign MOU with Ministry
- The Ministry of Education has entered into a contract with Fujitsu Consulting (Canada) Inc. to deliver a hosted student information service to all schools in British Columbia. By completing the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Ministry of Education, participating school authorities are asked to confirm their commitment to implementing the new student information.
- Request a copy of the MOU by emailing Christine Lervold at the Ministry of Education: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Signed MOUs should be sent to:
Ministry of Education Student Certification Branch
PO Box 9143 Stn Prov Govt
Victoria BC V8W 9H1
Attention: Christine Lervold Director, Common Business Initiatives
Scanned images of signed MOUs can also be sent to: email@example.com
Step 3: Sign Up for Implementation Training
- The following in person sessions are designed for new schools who are looking to implement MyEducationBC in their school and are best for people involved in the management of MyEducationBC in their school. These sessions will cover: setup, enrollment, attendance, scheduling, courses, reporting, and other admin type tasks. Training will be in person, and you can bring up to 2 people from your school. We would suggest the following people Principal/Vice Principal, Front Desk, Scheduler. (please note this session is not geared for teachers, and there is no IT person requirement). There is a $499/school one-time training fee. As we confirm more dates and locations we will be posting more training dates and locations here.
- Upcoming Training
- Please contact Andrew to schedule new school training for your school. Training can be scheduled at anytime during the school year or summer. (subject to team's availability). Typically no training available January, June, August to Oct due to very busy times of year Due to COVID all training will be done online for the moment.
Support Available to Independent Schools
The following resources are available to all independent schools that are using MyEducationBC
These open workshops have no predefined topics and are when schools can come into a Zoom room and ask our team any questions that they have. We can demonstrate how to use particular functions or how to run specific reports that you may have questions about. It is also a chance for you to connect with others in the same role as you but in different schools and see how they optimize MyEdBC in their schools.
Click to View Upcoming Open Sessions
Frequently Asked Questions
I'm a parent/student how do reset my portal account/password?
If you are a parent or student you will need to contact your school to ask them to reset your username and password for the parent/student portals. My team has no access to reset or create parent portal accounts.
- How does my school join MyEdBC?
Support Team Members
Parents & Students
Usernames and Passwords
Please note that we CANNOT RESET any username or passwords for you.
You will have to contact your school to get them reset.
(Hours: 9am - 4pm)
Andrew - Project Manager
Patreen - Support
Jaz - Support