Table of Contents
- Click here to view and complete MOU with Ministry
- Basic Timeline and implementation process
- Link to Available Training for Wave #2 Independent schools
- Link to some videos on some of the features and functions of Aspen
- If you are interested in implementing MyEd please complete the following expression of interest.
Important Information for NON-BCeSIS Schools
All schools are welcome to join MyEdBC however currently no conversion tool is available at the moment, as such you will have to manually enter all student data. They are working on a conversion tool, but until it is delivered by the Provincial team we suggest that only schools with less than 250 try implementing at the moment. (if you don’t mind manually entering more students you are welcome to join us) Once this tool is available then we will be able to convert all schools as needed.
Letter of Introduction
After months of diligent effort, involving a wide range of participants in the selection process, the Ministry of Education signed a contract with Aspen/Follet for a replacement for BCeSIS – called MyEducationBC.
The first schools started using MyEducationBC student management program as of Sept 2014. Currently, there are 56 districts using the system, including over 100 independent schools (with over 575,000 students in the system). This implementation is open to all schools, both those currently using BCeSIS as well as any school using another system.
As the FISA iGroup Executive is aware, a number of schools are looking for a new student information system, and as such we want to highlight a few of the many features of MyEducationBC:
- MyEducationBC will have the ability to integrate into your current third party systems such as: accounting systems, library system, admissions system, and fundraising systems.
- MyEducationBC has the ability for any user at any time to build individualized custom reports. These reports can report out any field on any set of students in a variety of formats (ie. PDF, csv, Word). You can see some of the reporting abilities here: http://bcsupportonline.com/myeducationbc-resources/
- MyEducationBC has the ability for teachers to communicate with students regarding grades, assignments, and resources via a secure student portal. You can see some of the portal abilities here: http://bcsupportonline.com/myeducationbc-resources/
- MyEducationBC has the ability for teachers to communicate with parents regarding report cards, attendance and grades via a secure parent portal and also to communicate via email. You can see some of the portal abilities here: http://bcsupportonline.com/myeducationbc-resources/
- MyEducationBC allows schools to customize the application to their local school requirements such as the tracking of specific data fields, custom report cards, and other localizations.
- MyEducationBC has the ability to be accessed on any type of device: desktops, tablets, android phones, iphones, or any other device with a browser. You can see the system requirements here:http://sisimplementation.ca/workstation-requirements
All of these features and many more, like timetable scheduling, will be available to all schools on the first day of implementation.
If you are interested in implementing the new MyEducationBC system, the timeline for implementation is as follows:
- Your school can indicate to the Independent School implementation team your interest in being involved by filling out this form:
- Your school must complete the Memorandum of Understanding from the Ministry, which is the contract between your school and the Ministry for MyEducationBC. (Click here to complete MOU)
- Starting in Jan 2015, our independent school implementation team will be training groups of independent schools, and helping schools to further customize the system to meet their requirements, such as IB reporting.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Independent School Project Manager, Andrew Smit at: email@example.com or visit the FISA iGroup website for updates: http://bcsupportonline.com/myeducationbc/
We believe that MyEducationBC is capable of meeting the needs for all the independent schools regarding student information systems.
On behalf of your FISA iGroup,
Chair, iGroup Executive Committee