If you are interested in implementing the new MyEducationBC system, the timeline for implementation is as follows:
- Your school can indicate to the Independent School implementation team your interest in being involved by filling out this form:
- Your school must complete the Memorandum of Understanding from the Ministry, which is the contract between your school and the Ministry for MyEducationBC. (Click here to complete MOU)
- Starting in Jan 2015, our independent school implementation team will be training groups of independent schools, and helping schools to further customize the system to meet their requirements, such as IB reporting.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Independent School Project Manager, Andrew Smit at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the FISA iGroup website for updates: http://bcsupportonline.com/myeducationbc/
The Provincial team is going to be doing the last and final major outage for upgrades and conversions. This is going to occur between 18th Dec (in the evening) until 28th Dec (early morning). The system will be NOT be available at all during that time.
The Provincial Team is taking MyEdBC Production offline 5 pm Fri. Nov 6 until 7am Thurs Nov 12th for a conversion and upgrade
Here is the email that MyEducation sends out upon account created.
Welcome to the Independent Schools District A MyEducation BC PARENT PORTAL which will allow access to see grades, attendance and other information on your child(ren). Each parent or guardian will have their own separate account.
To Access the MyEducation BC System
1. Visit www.myeducation.gov.bc.ca/aspen
2. Make sure popups are enabled for your browser
3. Your user name will be: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
4. Your temporary password will be: 57642159
NOTE: Both user name and password are case sensitive
5. Enter your user name and password then click Log On to access the system. You will be prompted to change your password, and fill out some information so that in the future you can click “I forgot my password” to receive a new password.
Once inside the MyEducation BC system you can navigate around to view information for your student(s).
*** Please do not reply to this generated email.
We are going to be doing the following training sessions in the next few weeks.
- Thursday 17th Sept @1:30pm
- Tuesday 22nd Sept @10:30am
- Thursday 24th Sept @ 10:30am
- Teacher Training
- Parent/Student Portal (creating accounts and overview)
- Tuesday 29th Sept @10:30am
To attend one of these session you will use the following link:
Please note that you will need speakers on your computer to be able to hear the session.
We are going to be holding two sessions for teachers to join, where we will be demoing how the teacher module works.
1. August 27th (Thursday) from 1:30pm – 3pm
2. Sept 3th (Thursday) from noon until 2:30pm
You do not need to sign up for the session you can just attend by going to this link:
A few notes:
1. Please make sure that you test the link the day before to ensure it will load on your computer, because we will be starting on time and cannot wait for schools to join.
2. Please make sure that the computer that is doing the session has speakers as we will be using the computer speakers to listen. (questions will be handled via the chat box)
3. These sessions will be recorded so if you miss them you can watch them later. (and you can attend them multiple times as well)
We are offering one-on-one, one hour online sessions to facilitate the start of school. We require that every school signs up for one of these sessions. Please sign up for a session here.
To All BCeSIS Schools Only.
As you all know BCeSIS will be ending in Sept 2015, and as such all BCeSIS schools need to receive training to move to MyEducation. You can now sign-up for session here: http://bcsupportonline.com/myeducationbc-aspen-training-for-independent-schools/
Please note these sessions are just for BCeSIS schools moving to MyEd.
We are also looking for a couple schools in the Lower Mainland who could host training on the following dates: 28th & 29th May 2015, 11th & 12th June 2015. If you are able to host please email me at email@example.com
The Ministry is doing another set of converions in March. This is just a heads up for those outage dates so that you can plan around it. Sorry we have no control over them they are set by the Ministry.
|MyEducation BC Production and SDTest
||Mar 12 -13
||MyEducation BC SDTest will be taken offline at 5 pm on Mar 12 to be refreshed with pre-Conversion Production data. SDTest will be back online as of 12 pm noon PT on Mar 13.
||Cohort 5 conversion begins: MyEducation BC Production will be taken offline at 5 pm PT.
|Mar 13 – 19
||Conversion of Wave 1 Cohort 5 schools is in progress. MyEducation BC Production environment is unavailable.
||Cohort 5 conversion is complete: MyEducation BC Production is back online as of 7 am PT.
|Mar 7 – 8
||BCeSIS SDTest will be taken offline to be refreshed so that it will be available while BCeSIS Production is offline.
||MyEducation BC Conversion begins: BCeSIS Production will be taken offline at 5 pm PT.
|Mar 13 – 17
||Conversion of Wave 1 Cohort 5 schools is in progress. BCeSIS Production environment is unavailable.
||MyEducation BC conversion continues: BCeSIS Production is back online as of 7 am PT.