The Provincial team is going to be doing the last and final major outage for upgrades and conversions. This is going to occur between 18th Dec (in the evening) until 28th Dec (early morning). The system will be NOT be available at all during that time.
The Provincial Team is taking MyEdBC Production offline 5 pm Fri. Nov 6 until 7am Thurs Nov 12th for a conversion and upgrade
Here is the email that MyEducation sends out upon account created.
Welcome to the Independent Schools District A MyEducation BC PARENT PORTAL which will allow access to see grades, attendance and other information on your child(ren). Each parent or guardian will have their own separate account.
To Access the MyEducation BC System
1. Visit www.myeducation.gov.bc.ca/
2. Make sure popups are enabled for your browser
3. Your user name will be: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
4. Your temporary password will be: 57642159
NOTE: Both user name and password are case sensitive
5. Enter your user name and password then click Log On to access the system. You will be prompted to change your password, and fill out some information so that in the future you can click “I forgot my password” to receive a new password.
Once inside the MyEducation BC system you can navigate around to view information for your student(s).
*** Please do not reply to this generated email.
We are going to be doing the following training sessions in the next few weeks.
- Thursday 17th Sept @1:30pm
- Tuesday 22nd Sept @10:30am
- Thursday 24th Sept @ 10:30am
- Teacher Training
- Friday 18th Sept @ 2pm
- Parent/Student Portal (creating accounts and overview)
- Tuesday 29th Sept @10:30am
To attend one of these session you will use the following link:
Please note that you will need speakers on your computer to be able to hear the session.
- The MyEducation BC Production environment will be unavailable between 11:00 pm and 12:00 am PT nightly between September 4 and September 30 for system maintenance.
- The MyEducation BC Production environment will be unavailable between 5:00 pm and 10:00 pm PT on Wednesday September 9th, 2015 for system maintenance.
We are going to be holding two sessions for teachers to join, where we will be demoing how the teacher module works.
1. August 27th (Thursday) from 1:30pm – 3pm
2. Sept 3th (Thursday) from noon until 2:30pm
You do not need to sign up for the session you can just attend by going to this link:
A few notes:
1. Please make sure that you test the link the day before to ensure it will load on your computer, because we will be starting on time and cannot wait for schools to join.
2. Please make sure that the computer that is doing the session has speakers as we will be using the computer speakers to listen. (questions will be handled via the chat box)
3. These sessions will be recorded so if you miss them you can watch them later. (and you can attend them multiple times as well)
We are offering one-on-one, one hour online sessions to facilitate the start of school. We require that every school signs up for one of these sessions. Please sign up for a session here.
To All BCeSIS Schools Only.
As you all know BCeSIS will be ending in Sept 2015, and as such all BCeSIS schools need to receive training to move to MyEducation. You can now sign-up for session here: http://bcsupportonline.com/myeducationbc-aspen-training-for-independent-schools/
Please note these sessions are just for BCeSIS schools moving to MyEd.
We are also looking for a couple schools in the Lower Mainland who could host training on the following dates: 28th & 29th May 2015, 11th & 12th June 2015. If you are able to host please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ministry is doing another set of converions in March. This is just a heads up for those outage dates so that you can plan around it. Sorry we have no control over them they are set by the Ministry.
|MyEducation BC Production and SDTest||Mar 12 -13||MyEducation BC SDTest will be taken offline at 5 pm on Mar 12 to be refreshed with pre-Conversion Production data. SDTest will be back online as of 12 pm noon PT on Mar 13.|
|Mar 13||Cohort 5 conversion begins: MyEducation BC Production will be taken offline at 5 pm PT.|
|Mar 13 – 19||Conversion of Wave 1 Cohort 5 schools is in progress. MyEducation BC Production environment is unavailable.|
|Mar 19||Cohort 5 conversion is complete: MyEducation BC Production is back online as of 7 am PT.|
|Mar 7 – 8||BCeSIS SDTest will be taken offline to be refreshed so that it will be available while BCeSIS Production is offline.|
|Mar 13||MyEducation BC Conversion begins: BCeSIS Production will be taken offline at 5 pm PT.|
|Mar 13 – 17||Conversion of Wave 1 Cohort 5 schools is in progress. BCeSIS Production environment is unavailable.|
|Mar 17||MyEducation BC conversion continues: BCeSIS Production is back online as of 7 am PT.|
In order for the Provincial Team to do some conversion from BCeSIS to MyEd.
Below are listed some of the upcoming outages for both BCeSIS and MyEducationBC
|MyEducation BC Production and SDTest
||Feb 5||Cohort 4 conversion begins: MyEducation BC Production and SDTest environments will be taken offline at 5 pm PT.|
|Feb 6||SDTest will be refreshed with pre-Conversion Production data during this timeframe. SDTest is back online as of 4 pm PT.|
|Feb 5-11||Conversion of Wave 1 Cohort 4 schools is in progress. Production environment is unavailable.
|Feb 11||Cohort 4 conversion is complete: MyEducation BC Production is back online as of 7 am PT.|
|BCeSIS Production||Feb 5||MyEducation BC Conversion begins: BCeSIS Production will be taken offline at 5 pm PT.|
|Feb 5 – 9||Conversion of Wave 1 Cohort 4 schools is in progress. Production environment is unavailable.|
|Feb 9||MyEducation BC conversion is complete: BCeSIS Production is back online as of 7 am PT.|