To All Schools we are going to be doing are one-on-one support sessions for all schools. This is to check your school setup and ensure that you are ready for Sept. We highly recommend that every school attend one session, even if you have used MyEd for a few years, just to make sure you are not missing anything.
To sign up for a session please click here
For your reference you should review the following:
- Start of School Recording (covers the checklist below)
- The following reference documents are referred to in the checklist above:
- The New K-9 Ministry Course Codes can be viewed in this Excel Document. Note: there are tabs across the bottom for the different grades.
I would like to thank everyone who responded to the survey, we really appreciate your feedback and are looking at making a few improvements based on the results. We will be doing this survey again at the end of the year to see how we have done. You can see the results of the helpdesk survey here, along with my responses to some of the questions: http://bcsupportonline.com/helpdesk-survey-results/
If you have any questions about any of it please feel free to contact me
If you are interested in implementing the new MyEducationBC system, the timeline for implementation is as follows:
- Your school can indicate to the Independent School implementation team your interest in being involved by filling out this form:
- Your school must complete the Memorandum of Understanding from the Ministry, which is the contract between your school and the Ministry for MyEducationBC. (Click here to complete MOU)
- Starting in Jan 2015, our independent school implementation team will be training groups of independent schools, and helping schools to further customize the system to meet their requirements, such as IB reporting.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Independent School Project Manager, Andrew Smit at: firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the FISA iGroup website for updates: http://bcsupportonline.com/myeducationbc/
The Provincial team is going to be doing the last and final major outage for upgrades and conversions. This is going to occur between 18th Dec (in the evening) until 28th Dec (early morning). The system will be NOT be available at all during that time.
The Provincial Team is taking MyEdBC Production offline 5 pm Fri. Nov 6 until 7am Thurs Nov 12th for a conversion and upgrade
Here is the email that MyEducation sends out upon account created.
Welcome to the Independent Schools District A MyEducation BC PARENT PORTAL which will allow access to see grades, attendance and other information on your child(ren). Each parent or guardian will have their own separate account.
To Access the MyEducation BC System
1. Visit www.myeducation.gov.bc.ca/aspen
2. Make sure popups are enabled for your browser
3. Your user name will be: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
4. Your temporary password will be: 57642159
NOTE: Both user name and password are case sensitive
5. Enter your user name and password then click Log On to access the system. You will be prompted to change your password, and fill out some information so that in the future you can click “I forgot my password” to receive a new password.
Once inside the MyEducation BC system you can navigate around to view information for your student(s).
*** Please do not reply to this generated email.
We are going to be doing the following training sessions in the next few weeks.
- Thursday 17th Sept @1:30pm
- Tuesday 22nd Sept @10:30am
- Thursday 24th Sept @ 10:30am
- Teacher Training
- Parent/Student Portal (creating accounts and overview)
- Tuesday 29th Sept @10:30am
To attend one of these session you will use the following link:
Please note that you will need speakers on your computer to be able to hear the session.
We are going to be holding two sessions for teachers to join, where we will be demoing how the teacher module works.
1. August 27th (Thursday) from 1:30pm – 3pm
2. Sept 3th (Thursday) from noon until 2:30pm
You do not need to sign up for the session you can just attend by going to this link:
A few notes:
1. Please make sure that you test the link the day before to ensure it will load on your computer, because we will be starting on time and cannot wait for schools to join.
2. Please make sure that the computer that is doing the session has speakers as we will be using the computer speakers to listen. (questions will be handled via the chat box)
3. These sessions will be recorded so if you miss them you can watch them later. (and you can attend them multiple times as well)
We are offering one-on-one, one hour online sessions to facilitate the start of school. We require that every school signs up for one of these sessions. Please sign up for a session here.